England’s tour to India started with a promising 200 from their skipper helping them to go 1-0 up in the test series and ended with their elimination from World Test Championship. That’s how the dominance has been by the Indian Spinners.
With the t20 world cup approaching in no time soon, both the teams would like to make the most of this opportunity. The 5 match t20 series will be played at the biggest cricket stadium in the world and this will be a treat to watch for cricket fans all around.
Here are the players to watch out in both the teams:
- Hardik Pandya: India’s biggest all-rounder in current era is coming back to his favorite white ball format. He hasn’t bowled in a while and it will be interesting to see whether he rolls his arms or not. His batting during the death overs has been exceptionally well. It will be a big positive for India if he finishes his quota of 4 overs.
- Rishabh Pant: The wicket-keeper batsman has been the biggest gamechanger for India ever since he was brought back into the team in the Test series against Australia. He is already a massive threat in the shorter formats, and his recent form will only put more fear in the English bowlers. He is most likely to walk straight into the playing 11 and look to continue the golden patch that he is in.
- Suryakumar Yadav: A consistent performer in domestic cricket and one of the most successful batsmen since the last 2 IPL season will finally get to don in blue against England. Although he has earned the call little late, but it has come just at the right time. A good performance against England can help him seal his berth for upcoming t20 world cup.
- Dawid Malan: Currently the top ranked T20I batsman in the world, Dawid Malan is integral part of England’s line up in the game’s shortest format. In a short T20I career spanning 19 matches, the southpaw already has a century (the fastest in English history) and nine fifties to his name. He is a gifted timer of the cricket ball and has often bailed England out of precarious positions. He will be aiming to continue his purple patch and establish himself as an asset away from home.
- Jofra Archer: He extracted good bounce, carry, and kept the Indian batsmen in check, even on the spinner-friendly Indian tracks during the recently concluded Test series. The speedster only played two Tests and missed out on the final Test due to an elbow problem. His success in the IPL will give him an edge over other bowlers. If he does get a go, even in a few matches, the pacer will be one to watch out for.
- Eoin Morgan: A change of format means that limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan will be back and lead a side with plenty of T20I specialists. The visitors will be hoping he has brought some good fortune with him for England. The left-hander is one of the most dangerous middle-order batsmen in the shortest format going around the world currently and keeping him quiet will be crucial to India’s cause.
Zooters Fantasy Guru team for the match
- Wicket Keeper – You can pick a maximum of two wicketkeepers in your playing 11, and we suggest going with only one of them and Rishabh Pant (IND) should be the ideal starter.
- Batsmen – You must pick a minimum of three and maximum of six batsmen. Rohit Sharma (IND), Virat Kohli (IND) Eoin Morgan (ENG) and Dawid Malan (ENG) can be your picks in the batsmen section.
- All Rounders – Sam Curran (ENG) and Hardik Pandya (IND) should ideally be selected as the two all-rounders.
- Bowlers – Adil Rashid (ENG), Yuzvendra Chahal (IND), Deepak Chahar (IND) and Rahul Chahar (IND) are the four bowlers you can pick in your team.